Physics 110: Electricity and Magnetism
Professor Jessica Kintner
This is the course web page for Physics 110, Fall 2020
Jessica Kintner's Information:
- Office: Gal 106-B
- Office hours: TBD, and by appointment
- email: email@example.com
- Textbook: The textbook will be David Griffiths' Introduction to Electrodynamics 4th ed.
(I believe you can find cheap copies and pdf's.)
Here's the Amazon link.
- Some way to write/sketch to share with me and the Class
- Tablet? The STEM Center has some available, and I believe Physics does as well.
- Your phone zooming in using just your finger?
- A physical whiteboard? We have to test if I can see it. And also, this doesn't allow peer collaboration on same space.
- Annotating things (related to above)
I *had* been planning to keep all course content in Moodle
But given all y'all's reaction, I'll keep it here.
Here's a link to moodle page
2.1.3, 1.1-1.2, skip 1.1.3,1.1.4
Review $\vec E$, review vector multiplication
Next: grad, div, curl
G02: Do 1.11, 13, 15, 18
(G for Griffiths)
Let's do problems G03 1.29-34
G04: Ch 2.3, 4, 5
Write up G03 1.34 for Friday
Meet in 140 (at 9:15a)
Regular meeting canceled for Scholar Strike
Finish IC04 (today's worksheet)
The Dirac delta function
G05: Do 1.44, 45, 47
Ch 1, 2.1
Let's catch up on all the problems we haven't talked about from IC01-IC04 and G01-G05
If there's time, I'll go on in Ch 2: more on Gauss's Law and Div of E.